Friday, August 21, 2009

The Easiest S'mores Ever!

I have to give credit where credit is due. I got this S'more technique from the Barefoot Contessa. I watched her do this on her show and immediately said "Why didn't I ever think of that!"

All you need are some chocolate covered digestive cookies and some marshmallows. Toast the marshmallow over the fire, in the usual way and then sandwich the hot marshmallow between two digestive cookies; chocolate side in. Ta da!

I tried it out myself and it is quite honestly the easiest, least messy, least fussy s'more method I've come across. I know that there will probably be some purists who object to the substitution of digestives, but it's a compromise I'm willing to make. Let's face it, if it's too hard and or too messy, you won't do it. That's why, until now, we've rarely ever made s'mores. Now, we do it all the time.

N.B. this post has been moved over from it's original location at Cottage On Wheels.

No comments:

Post a Comment